Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gods Existence?

Declarations of different beliefs are stated and many questions are ask, one of this is very interesting for it questions God’s existence and importance.


                                    photo from: mommylife.net

And this is how it goes, what do we mean by saying that existence precedes essence?

It clearly means that man first of all exists before God, then encounters himself, gushes in the world and defines himself. If man is an existentialist and sees himself as not definable, it is because at first he is nothing. He will not be anything until he will be what he makes of himself. Hence, there is no human nature existing because there is no God to be conceived but man simply is. Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself. I kinda agree and disagree with this, because first and foremost I am a Christian, and I believe that I am what I am right now due to the things that I have done and decided before but with God’s grace. Thus, existentialism tells us that man is responsible for himself, but do not mean that he is responsible only for his own individuality, but that he is responsible for all men. So if this is the case, even though that God does not exist for others, values and morality can still be applied! Because man does things for himself, obviously these things would be good and better for him and nothing can be better for us unless it is better for all.  It is just like what my High-school teacher always tells our class, that the fault of one student is the fault of the whole class! That is why we tend to be in our proper behavior in class because we know for a fact that there are other people who will be punished due to our own wrongdoings. So I think that it is still possible for morality to be evident even without God’s existence.








You may or may not agree. don't get me wrong here. I LOVE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment